Flathead Area Mountain Bikers is a non-profit organization with the mission of preserving and advancing mountain biking activities in the Flathead Valley of Northwest Montana. We provide free mountain bike clinics to the community and organize volunteer trail work events on public lands. We also manage and maintain Spencer Trails in Whitefish, and the pump track in Whitefish’s Armory Park. FAMB operates a full-time seasonal valley-wide trail maintenance crew. We will soon be embarking on large-scale fundraising and trail construction projects in the Taylor Hellroaring and Crystal Cedar project areas.
Executive Director (ED) tasks:
- Report to FAMB’s volunteer Board of Directors.
- Seek out grant opportunities, write grants, manage paperwork, necessary clerical work to fulfill grant requirements.
- Spearhead all fundraising efforts and work with fundraising committee for support. Support board efforts with reminders and materials, attend events as needed.
- Manage donor relations and maintain donor database.
- Conduct hiring and oversee all FAMB employees, including trail crew and youth clinic instructors.
- Monitor relevant local advocacy issues and keep the board and mountain biking community informed of potential threats to trail access.
- Assist the Flathead Trail Crew Leader with prioritizing and scheduling trail maintenance and construction projects on multi-use trails that FAMB has identified as high value to the mountain biking community.
- Perform all aspects of financial management at FAMB, including bookkeeping, reviewing timesheets, running payroll, generating financial reports, and assisting the board in the budgeting process.
- Manage FAMB’s online retail store and help with product selection, design and pricing.
- Manage all FAMB social media and subscriber emails. Answer inquiries from the public on a range of topics.
Skills & Qualifications
- Self-motivated, ability to prioritize projects and multi-task, attention to detail
- Project management and oversight
- Excellent persuasive writing skills
- Ability to manage a budget and produce financial statements
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with the board of directors and volunteers
- Mountain biking experience and passion for preserving mountain bike access
- Reliable transportation and driver’s license
- Graphic design, social media, and marketing experience
- Familiarity with bike-friendly trail design and new trail construction
- Knowledge in Quickbooks, Google Drive, Little Green Light donor database
- Knowledge of local trails and current trail advocacy issues
Compensation and Schedule
- Full time salaried position $45,000 - $52,000 DOE
- Remote work position based in the Flathead Valley
Please send a cover letter as well as resumes to email@example.com before August 5th